"McCann steps up to the mic and into the hearts of everyone in the room."
- Inside Jazz
Jazz vocalist and Music Institute Artist-in-Residence Tammy McCann assembles an all-star ensemble, featuring guitarist John McClean and a lush string orchestra, to combine jazz and rhythm and blues for a spirited performance of holiday favorites plus a few surprises.
More about Tammy McCann
Named the Chicago Tribune’s 2020 Person of the Year in Jazz, Tammy McCann has a powerful, sultry, and emotionally charged voice that paints pictures and tells stories by merging classical vocal technique and gospel esthetic with jazz to create a sound that is completely her own. She has performed with such luminaries as Chicago’s own Ramsey Lewis and NEA Jazz Master Von Freeman, John Clayton, Branford Marsalis, Joe Locke, Charles McPherson, Dee Dee Bridgewater, and Carmen Bradford, and she toured as a “Raelette” with the great Ray Charles. McCann has thrilled audiences in festivals and clubs worldwide, from Thailand to Greece, as well as the nation’s premier concert and jazz venues, including Carnegie Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Birdland, The Blue Note, Dizzy’s Club Coca Cola, and Chicago's Jazz Showcase.
- You must provide a valid email address to receive your tickets. If after purchase you did not receive a confirmation email, check your spam folder. Otherwise, please contact the Box Office at (847) 448-8326 so that we may reissue your ticket or put you on the Will Call list.
- It is recommended that you use a browser to purchase your tickets. Not all features are available on mobile devices which can sometimes lead to errors. Please call the Box Office if you need assistance.
- MIC Students, Faculty, and Staff must reserve tickets through Ticketleap. Please be ready to show your MIC-issued ID. You may sit in any of the “Standard” seating sections. However, additional sections may open at the discretion of the Deputy Director of Operations on the day of the event. Please see the Box Office if you wish to upgrade your ticket.
- All seats this season are assigned with the exception of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Duke It Out! which are general seating. Please visit nicholsconcerthall.org for more seating information.
- Please only sit in your assigned seat. Please see an usher if you need assistance.
- There are ADA seats available for those who need them. Please contact the Box Office if you need additional assistance.
- Bathrooms and water fountains are located on the lower level of the building, directly below the lobby.
- Please note that Sections 7, 8, and Terrace are in the balcony and are only accessible by stairs. There is no elevator access to the balcony seating area.
- Please turn off or silence cell phones and other electronic devices.
- There is no photography or audio/video recording allowed at any event this season. This policy will be strictly enforced, and violators may be asked to leave.
- The Box Office opens 90 minutes prior to the start of the event and will remain open throughout intermission.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the concert hall.
- Smoking is not permitted in or within 20 feet of the building.
- Out of respect to the performers and audience members, latecomers are asked to remain in the lobby until an usher can assist you with late seating.
The Music Institute of Chicago no longer requires concertgoers to wear masks while in the building, though we respect those who choose to do so. If you are exhibiting any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we strongly encourage you to not attend.